Homeowners looking for an elegant, flexible window option that can serve multiple purposes while allowing maximum light entry should consider a European tilt and turn window. European tilt and turn windows are a perfect blend of style and function. They’re versatile, allowing easy airflow, providing extra security through multiple locking points, and making cleaning simple and easy with inward tilting feature.
Specifically, there are several reasons that this style of window appeals to homeowners:
- Flexibility. Tilt and turn windows open from different directions—“tilting” down from the top or “turning” into and opening into the home—meeting different needs with each position.
- Easy to Open. Tilt and turn windows are known for their effortless one-handed operation and how easy they are to open, regardless of their position. The ergonomic handle ensures smooth window operation in both tilt and turn modes.
- Attractive. Tilt and turn windows add a sleek, modern touch to your home’s aesthetic, complementing various architectural styles. These European windows enhance the elegance and sophistication of your house.
- Safe. Because they can be tilted opened from the top, these windows are safe for homeowners with small children who want air circulation. Their hinge at the bottom ensures that the window can be opened for air flow while still preventing a child from falling out.
- Secure. When opened from the top for air flow, tilt and turn windows lock into place to block intruders who might try to enter the home. The windows can be left open without concern that the home can be compromised from the outside.
- Sound. These windows effectively reduce external noise, making them a perfect choice for those residing near high-traffic areas like highways or airports.
- Weatherproof. Tilt and turn windows provide a secure weather seal, effectively keeping out the elements. When opened from the top and tilted open, these windows block the entry of rain into the home.
- Easy to clean. Cleaning tilt and turns is simple! Just open the window from the side hinges and clean both sides of the glass. The inward tilting feature also makes it easy to clean the frame, ensuring your windows stay clean all year round.
Homeowners who choose tilt and turn windows appreciate the flexible simplicity of these windows as well as the clean design. These European style windows just work well for homeowners who need a high-performance, safe, secure, easy to use window option.
Ashland Blinds is a leading provider of window treatment solutions for these unique windows. Check out our tilt and turn blinds options to know more!